History of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Naples
From 1912 to 1923, traveling priests held services in private homes and also in the school whenever possible. From 1912 to 1914, Fr. Koolen and Fr. McIntyre traveled to Naples on horseback, and later by horse and buggy. In 1923, Fr Rooney of Westlock took over and urged the congregation to build a church on land donated by Frank Rusconi. In 1930 logs were cut and taken to the Burger-Boisvert mill to be sawn and used to build the church. Joe Maykut, Stanley Cherwonka, and George Lazzer made up the building committee and were aided by the pioneer members of the district.
Robert Cherwonka and Mary Balen were the first babies baptized in the new church. The first marriage performed was that of Angela Rosconi and Charles Tonsi in 1935. Fr. Carter was parish priest when the church was dedicated in 1932. The church organ was donated by Mark Elvin.
Fr. Poirier became parish priest in January 1936, and offered mass once a month. Today, an annual mass, followed by the blessing of the graves, takes place around July 16, the feast day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.